Saturday 28 April 2012

The Beginning


Hello and welcome to my blog!  'Blogging' is all quite new to me and I wanted a way to share my story and the journey this business is taking me on.  If you are taking the time to read about this funny little venture of mine, then thank you. 


With the love for all things vintage, a passion for creating new recipes and baking, it all started to become niggling little idea in my head that wouldn't go away.  After helping start a small wedding cake business in Nottingham I knew I wanted to do it for myself one day.



Sitting on the graveyard shift at a hotel, I had a lot of time to think about how this idea would work as well as thinking “get me out of here”/ “I NEED a bottle of wine”.  There The Vintage Cake House was born – and thankfully I ended up leaving that hotel and did not turn to alcohol.  Moving on from that, I then created my brand and built a website and set up a Facebook page where I have met some inspiring and creative individuals - it's been going well and we have had some great orders ... and now I want to move on to bigger and better ventures.



So ... I am currently in the process of finding and renting a premises to run a Vintage Style Tearoom, where people can come and have a traditional ‘Afternoon Tea’ experience, enjoy gorgeous cake and  drink real tea from beautiful vintage china. 

 Customers will be able to rent out one of our private rooms and hold a vintage style tea party for any special occasion with choices from some delicious menus. I also have ideas to hold cupcake decorating workshops etc. etc. 


It’s also going to be a great way to showcase the bespoke wedding and celebration cakes, customers can browse and or buy for any special occasion... not to mention all the freshly baked produce and home-made jams ...  So many ideas and so much to organise, its going to be extremely hard work and I have already warned my other half to be prepared for me acting a little crazy! We have found a gorgeous shop in Farnham so lets hope it all goes to plan - fingers crossed :) 



Thank you for reading my first blog post – I aim to keep it as up to date as possible and I will also be posting some great recipes/cake tips as well as other vintage bits and bobs.



 Love Natalie x 

3 comments:

  1. Wow...Natalie that sounds very interesting....looking forward to hearing/seeing more. I'm sure Mum will keep us posted.

    Jane - ex Balance Foods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane :) we are really interested in asking people who live/work in Farnham whether this is the kind of shop they would like to visit to ... drink tea? Eat cake? buy takeaway sandwiches for lunch? Buy celebration cakes, or spend an hour with friends for an afternoon tea experience? I would really appreciate some genuine feedback from someone who works in Farnham and knows the area well:) hope you are well Nat xxx

      Delete
  2. The idea of the Vintage Cake House is amazing! Followed your blog and look forward to hearing about your progress on it! Best of luck!

    Arina

    x

    ReplyDelete